11 Categories Used to Rate the Performance of State Highway Systems
Fleet Owner recently published a synopsis on the Reason’s Foundations 23rd Annual Highway Report. The report tracks the performance of the 50 state-owned highway systems using various metrics and methodologies.
The rankings are based on how each state does in 11 categories:
- Total disbursements per mile
- Capital and bridge disbursements per mile
- Maintenance disbursements per mile
- Administrative disbursements per mile
- Rural interstate pavement condition
- Urban interstate pavement condition
- Rural arterial pavement condition
- Urbanized are congestion
- Deficient bridges
- Fatality rates
- Narrow rural arterial lanes
Nearly half of the states (23 out of 50) made progress compared to the Reason Foundation’s previous report on infrastructure.
The 2018 World of Asphalt and co-located AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo will be in Houston, TX March 6-8. This event draws the industry’s leading manufacturers and service providers in the aggregate, asphalt, pavement maintenance, and traffic safety industry sectors together to showcase the latest innovations enhancing asphalt and aggregate operations.
Come visit Command Alkon at Booth 2039 at the World of Asphalt/AGG 1 to learn about our solutions that assist raw materials suppliers with their role in sustaining our infrastructure in roadway systems.